Proof of Residency

  • Proof of Residency

    The Hazelwood School District requires all families to provide documentation showing they live within the district's attendance area. If you have questions about proof of residency, please contact your school registrar.

    Each family must submit one item from each List A and List B (both of which should be in the enrolling parent's name).

    Unless a student is exempt from the proof of residency requirement, one document from each List A and List B are required. Electronic documents are permissible if they are recent (dated within the last 30 days) and contain the information required for the district to verify proof of residence (date, name, address, applicable signatures, etc.). The district has the right to request any additional proof at any time or to employ other means to verify residency.

    Under Missouri law, misrepresenting residency is a criminal offense. If a family’s residency status is found to be inaccurately represented or changes without notification to the district, the district may act to recover the cost of services provided.

    List A documents

    • Deed
    • Mortgage statement dated within 30 days of the date of submission
    • Unexpired lease/rental agreement signed by landlord and tenant and including the address, apartment number, and term of the agreemen-t
    • Real estate tax receipt dated within 1 year of the date of submission

    List B documents

    One utility bill dated within 30 days of the date of submission for verification. Utility bills should include customer name, service address, and billing date. Examples of utility bills we accept include: 

    • Electric bill
    • Water bill
    • Gas bill
    • Sewer bill
    • Trash bill,
    • Internet bill
    • Cable bill

    *Occupancy permits are no longer accepted as proof of residency

    اقرأ القائمة بالعربية / Leer la lista en español / Soma orodha hiyo kwa Kiswahili

    If you live with a Hazelwood resident and you are not the leaseholder or homeowner (or, if you are the leaseholder or homeowner, but you do not have an active utility bill in your name) please contact the Office of Residency at 314-953-5141 or

    If you are experiencing homelessness, please visit the Family Outreach Center (13780 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant MO 63031) on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. If you are unable to connect at one of the aforementioned dates/times, please email us at