Welcome to the
The Federal Programs link helps to provide community members with information pertaining to Federal Programs. Schools receiving Title I are required to post and communicate information regarding certain programs throughout the district and in individual schools.
Our district is required to inform you of certain information that you, according to The Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (Public Law 114-95), have the right to know.
Upon your request, our district is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following information:
- Whether your student's teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether your student's teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- Whether your student's teacher is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
In addition to the information that parents may request, a building receiving Title I.A funds must provide to each individual parent:
- Information on the level of achievement and academic growth of your student, if applicable and available, on each of the State academic assessments required under Title I.A.
Timely notice that your student has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who has not met applicable State certification or licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.
Additionally, we are required to make all schoolwide plans available to the Local Education Agency, school, and public. The district must make the schoolwide program plan in a uniform format that parents can understand and, to the extent practicable, is provided in a language the parents can understand. As part of this obligation to be compliant, this serves as official notification that we participate in the Federal Title I Program. The following schools participate as school-wide schools under Title I.
- East High School
- East Middle School
- Southeast Middle School
For more information regarding the Title I program, or your school’s schoolwide plan, please contact:
Director of Federal Programs
Hazelwood School District
The first step to attending Title I pre-k programs is a screening. Please contact the Early Childhood department in order to get your free screening today!