October 1, 2023
October 3, 2023
6:30 PM HSD Board of Education Meeting
October 4, 2023
October 5, 2023
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM BOE Community Forum at Central
October 6, 2023
October 7, 2023
October 11, 2023
October 14, 2023
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Shalom Health Fair at East High School
October 17, 2023
6:30 PM HSD Board Meeting
October 18, 2023
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Fall Family Fest at Central High School
STUDENT DRESS CODE
HSD Dress Code Violations (Policy JG): Student dress code is defined as attire that will not disrupt nor distract from the instructional procedures of the school day. The school administrator(s) or designee will determine if clothing is disruptive, inappropriate, or poses a safety hazard.
What not to wear at WMS:
- No pajamas (unless it is a designated Pajama Day fundraiser)
- No blankets
- No hats or hoods in the building
- No clothing with offensive or inappropriate language or symbols
- No clothing with excessive holes/rips
- No sleeveless tops
- No see-through clothing
- No sagging or visible undergarments
- For safety purposes, flip-flops, slide-on shoes, and shoes with wheels are not permitted at WMS. Crocs must be worn in 'sport' mode.
CELL PHONE POLICY (2023-2024)
If a WMS student brings a cell phone or headphones to school, they must be silenced and placed out of sight from the beginning to the end of the instructional day.
- The ringer and notification sound off.
Placed out of sight:
- Stored safely in the student's assigned locker, purse, or pencil pouch.
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST
All Hazelwood Middle School students will need the following:
- 48 #2 Pencils
- 1 package of blue or black pens
- 2 pink erasers
- 8 spiral notebooks (ELA, Social Studies, and Electives)
- 4 composition notebooks (Math and Science)
- 8 folders (3-hole punched)
- 2 packages of loose leaf paper
- 4 highlighters (any color)
- Binder (3 inch preferred)
- Earbuds (wired)
- Pencil pouch (zipper preferred)
- 1 pack of graph paper Scientific calculator
Students in Orchestra/Band will need the following:
- Personal instrument shoulder rest/rock stop (orchestra only)
- Rosin (orchestra only)
Suggested Donations, but not required:
- 2 boxes of facial tissues
As a reminder, the State of Missouri requires the following immunizations for incoming 8th graders:
- Tdap, which contains pertussis vaccine.
- MCV, one dose of MCV is required. The dose must be given after 10 years of age.
How to update your 8th grader's immunization record?
- Email the updated record to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload a copy to Parent Portal.
- Fax a copy to WMS (314)953-7813.
- Drop off a copy at WMS.
- Mail a copy to the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the school at 314-953-7800.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDES FOR FAMILIES
The guides were created by TikTok, Instagram, and the National Parent Teacher Association. The guides contain information on TikTok and Instagram terms, content, connections, and more. The guides help parents and guardians take an active role in the child’s TikTok and Instagram experience.