May 7, 2019
The District is aware of and apologizes for errors that were contained in some letters sent to families with the 2019-20 school assignment. A file merge between the demographer's data and the district's student information system resulted in some families who are outside of the "Option 2" changes receiving an incorrect letter. The District has corrected many of these issues already and sent out revised letters and contacted many families via phone or email.
If you believe your letter to be incorrect, please contact your child's school. The school has an updated list for verification and will follow up with district administration if necessary.
We are committed to working with parents and families to address any issues or concerns and thank you for your patience and understanding through this process.
CFO/Asst. Superintendent – Finance & Facilities
Redistricting Community Engagement
Open House/Map Gallery Walk
It has been more than 12 years since the Hazelwood School District experienced a redistricting. That said, in the spring of 2018, the District partnered with Unicom Inc., to conduct a comprehensive geodemographic study to help gain a clear picture of space allocation and anticipated enrollment numbers. Our Board of Education would like to share the completed information and the Consultants’ recommendations with our community.
The first phase of community engagement took place through four forums where more than 600 students, parents, staff, and patrons worked together to share their thoughts and questions with our Board and administrators. Over the next 30 days, our School Board once again is seeking input from the community.
The Hazelwood School District will host three Redistricting Community Engagement Open House/Map Gallery Walks, which will take approximately 15 minutes to view mapping options and to share feedback. In addition, members of our School Board, Leadership Cabinet/departments, and consultants will be available to provide clarity or to answer questions about the proposed options.
The Redistricting Community Engagement Open House/Map Gallery Walks will take place between 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Thursday, Feb. 28 at Hazelwood Central High School Library
Monday, March 4 at Hazelwood West High School Library
Tuesday, March 12 at Hazelwood East High School Library
Open House/Map Gallery Walk Summary
- All events will be similar in nature, so there is no need to attend all three. You may attend at any time between 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (no formal presentations will be given)
- We will have poster-sized maps for patrons to view
- Board members, Administrators, and Consultants will be available to answer questions
- Feedback forms will be available to share your thoughts/concerns with the Board
- If you are unable to attend, please visit our website at Hazelwoodschools.org, then click on the “Redistricting” tab to view maps. To share feedback with Board members, click on this link http://bit.ly/HSDRedistricting.