The History of Twillman Elementary
The Twillman School was constructed in 1850. It was originally a one-room schoolhouse. According to the many historical accounts, the Twillman family paid the teacher's salary for the first year. Around 1928, a new three-room building was built at 11831 Bellefontaine Rd, St. Louis, MO 63138. Twillman's PTA was first founded in 1922. The current school building underwent its biggest remodeling during the 1975-1976 school year.
Twillman Elementary ensures learning for all students in a positive, culturally relevant school community.