Grab‐and‐Go Meal Delivery Routes
Grab-and-Go Meal Delivery will run every day that school is in session to provide breakfast and lunch for students. Each school day, students will receive a pre-packed bag consisting of one breakfast and one lunch with drinks.
With the return of some students to in-person school, the daily Grab-and-Go Meal delivery schedule has been revised. Additionally, the meal delivery service routes will be updated in order to continue to provide meals to virtual students while meeting the transportation needs of in-person students.
Thanks to a waiver by the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) National School Lunch Program, the district will be able to continue to provide meals at no cost for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year. This waiver applies to all children through the age of 18, both in-person students as well as virtual students who utilize the meal delivery program.
Beginning March 29, 2021, the Grab-and-Go Meal routes for virtual students will operate as follows:
- Meal delivery routes will run each day that school is in session
- The routes will be centralized stops in order to accommodate district-wide transportation needs
- Generally, the stops will occur between 10:30 - 11:45 a.m.
- Buses will stop long enough to deliver meals and then will proceed to the next stop. Students/parents are encouraged to arrive at the stop a few minutes before the scheduled time and wait up to 10 minutes after the scheduled time in case the bus is running late.
- Staff will not be asking for the names of students at this time. Students/parents/guardians can simply come to the bus to pick up the meals.
HSD staff will wear face coverings and practice social distancing. Students and parents/guardians are also asked to follow the aforementioned CDC and St. Louis Department of Public Health recommendations.
To view, the monthly menu or menu information including nutrition facts, allergens, and preparation instructions go to https://www.hazelwoodschools.org/Page/3157
Grab‐and‐Go Meal Delivery Schedule