HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program
What is HOME WORKS!?
Every child makes the grade.
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program partners families and teachers for children’s success.
We believe that:
- All parents want the best for their children
- Families play a key role in a child’s life path
- All children can learn
- Learning creates opportunities
- Individual differences must be respected
- Open, honest communication is essential
- A strengths-based perspective promotes respect, trust, and effective outcomes
Collaboration, Diversity, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Transparency, Trust
- Improved academic achievement and test scores
- Improved daily attendance
- Improved classroom behavior
- Increased parental/guardian and teacher engagement
- Fewer tardies
The long term goals of HOME WORKS! are to support the development of an educated, trained workforce; to support parents to read, talk, and listen to their children every day; and to become invested in the quality of their children’s schooling.
More information about the HomeWorks Program can be found at http://www.teacherhomevisit.org/