Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Education from Missouri State University Master of Arts in School Administration from Lindenwood University Specialist in Educational Leadership from Lindenwood University
Mrs. DeEtte Brower
I am the teacher for SAIL, the gifted program, at Hazelwood North Middle School. The 2021-2022 school year is my 26th year teaching in the Hazelwood School District. I started in the fall of 1996 at Kirby Junior High teaching science and eventually came to North as a teacher of gifted in the SAIL program. Teaching is my passion and I can't wait to get to know my students and their families. While science has always held a special place in my heart I love getting the opportunity to explore topics that interest my students as well.
I am married to an educator and we are the proud parents of an 11-year-old boy, Cooper. He just started fifth grade and is active in a variety of sports throughout the year. We enjoy spending time with family, checking out new restaurants, and playing games together.
Monday: 11:15-12:10Tuesday: 10:45-12:10Wednesday: 11:15-12:10Thursday: 10:45-12:10A-day Fridays: 11:15-12:10B-day Fridays: 10:45-12:10
This year in SAIL we will complete a unit about Heroes during the 1st Trimester. In this unit, students will do the following activities.
- Explore the idea of what makes a hero, .
- Compare stories about heroes we are familiar with to find the characteristics they have in common.
- Develop our own hero character.
- Write a short story about our hero.
- Use graphic design a logo to represent our and create a T-shirt.
- Use engineering to design and create multiple products related to heroes.
- Create a final project of our choice to demonstrate the learning from the unit.
- Analyze real-life heroes in our community.