Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions Group
The Hazelwood School District Board of Education has created a district-wide Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions Group. The group will meet bi-monthly to engage in professional development, assess district progress, and contribute solutions.
The group includes students, parents, employees, alumni, and area residents. During the meetings, group members review and complete work related to the district's Statement of Solidarity, Strategic Plan, and the Racial Equity Policy. Additionally, they review and complete the Center for Understanding Equity's Equity Progress Assessment.
- October 2: Board of Education Planning Retreat
- October 5: Board of Education Presentation
- October 6: Request for Nominations emailed to Board members, principals, and PTAs.
- October 11: Board Feedback submitted
- October 14: Key Communicators Update
- October 15: Nomination forms provided on the district website
- October 21: Review and feedback with administrators and progress report from building-level Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions Groups
- October 22: Nominations due (form needs to be completed) from principals, PTAs, and self-nominations
- October 25: Applications emailed to all nominees by this date
- November 1: Applications due
- November 4: Notifications emailed to new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions Group members
- November 11 (Veterans’ Day), January 13, March 10, May 12: Diversity, Equity, and Solutions Group Meetings
- Each PTA nominated one person (up to 32)
- Superintendent Student Advisory Council (up to 14)
- Each middle school principal nominated one student (up to 6)
- Each Building-Level Solutions Group nominated one teacher (up to 32)
- Principals/Assistant Principals self-nominated (up to 4 elementary, 3 high schools, 3 middle schools)
On March 15, 2022, the Hazelwood Board of Education approved the district's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Action Plan. We thank our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions Group members for their extensive support in writing and offering feedback on this document. The document is posted below.