Employee COVID-19 Testing/Vaccination Program
On 9-7-2021, the Hazelwood School District Board of Education announced that every employee must undergo COVID-19 vaccination or weekly COVID-19 testing. Beginning the week of 12-6-2021, employees that decide to not take the COVID-19 vaccine must submit to weekly testing. To be considered fully vaccinated an employee must have completed the following:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine
All Hazelwood employees, Kelly Educational Services staff, SSD employees in Hazelwood sites, LGC Hospitality substitutes, university student teacher placements, supplemental agencies, and other applicable groups must comply with this Board of Education requirement. We will continue to update our COVID-19 mitigation strategies, procedures, and requirements in line with future guidance from all pertinent government agencies/authorities.
The Board of Education has also authorized that, if a staff member chooses to get vaccinated, they may utilize vaccination leave that is not charged to compensable leave, up to 2 days per vaccination injection. Booster vaccinations are not included. The process for these vaccination leave days will be the same as the COVID-19 leave process. A vaccination leave form MUST be completed and returned to email@example.com with a copy of the vaccination card. Employees should select the “personal illness” option in Frontline when entering a vaccination related absence. These days are not retroactive for previous vaccinations. This leave is only applicable to Hazelwood School District Employees.
Weekly COVID-19 Testing Tracking:
- Employees that are not vaccinated will be required to complete a COVID-19 test, once per week. Employees shall test in the prior week to allow sufficient time to secure their testing results for submission before entering their work locations on Monday morning of the following week.
- For those who do not elect to utilize the in-district testing program, a list of COVID-19 testing sites that provide COVID-19 testing will be posted at each work location. Employees should familiarize themselves with the turnaround time for test results in order to comply with district expectations.
- Employees who do not elect to utilize the in-district testing program will be required to complete a COVID-19 test at a COVID-19 testing site, and provide a testing result with an indication of being COVID-19 negative, before entering their work locations on Monday morning of each week. The employee shall provide the result to their supervisor through a Testing Results Weekly Notification Portal. A link to the portal will be sent out in a future notification. COVID-19 home testing kit results will not be accepted.
- If there is a cost for the COVID-19 testing, the employee will be responsible for paying that cost. The district will not incur an expense for the employee COVID-19 testing. (This does not include the anticipated in-district testing program).
- If a COVID-19 test result indicates a positive result, then the employee will be subjected to the district’s contact tracing and quarantine protocols.
- If an employee is not COVID-19 vaccinated and has NOT undergone the required weekly COVID-19 test, then they must be sent home.
COVID-19 Vaccination Tracking:
- Employees who choose to become vaccinated may utilize vaccination leave for initial vaccination. The deadline for employees to complete a vaccination series is the end of business on December 3, 2021.
- By the end of the initial submission window the employee must upload their completed COVID-19 vaccine card to the HSD Initial COVID-19 Vaccine Confirmation Portal.
- From the initial submissions and through the HSD initial COVID-19 vaccine confirmation portal, human resources will review submissions and provide a complete list to all supervisors of which staff do not need to participate in the weekly COVID-19 testing due to their vaccination status.
- The HSD initial COVID-19 vaccine confirmation portal will close on Friday December 3, 2021 at 4:30 pm. Future updates from employees on their vaccination status shall be sent directly to the benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The list of those who submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be monitored, maintained, and updated by the human resource department with any new submissions accessible to supervisors.
- Falsification of vaccination or testing documentation will result in immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Employees may utilize their accumulated compensable time if they are sent home due to a lack of any necessary COVID-19 vaccination or testing documentation.
- If an employee is sent home due to lack of necessary COVID-19 vaccination or testing documentation, and an employee’s compensable time is exhausted, then the absence is considered leave without pay.
- Employees will be subjected to progressive discipline for cumulative absences in defiance of the requirement. At five days of cumulative absences in non-compliance of this Board of Education requirement, an employee will be submitted to human resources to begin termination processes.