Degrees and Certifications:
My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks.
I believe that there are five essential elements that are conducive to learning.
- The teacher's role is to act as a guide.
- Students must have access to hands-on activities.
- Students should be able to have choices and let their curiosity direct their learning.
- Students need the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment.
- Technology must be incorporated into the school day.
I have been a deaf educator in the Hazelwood School District for all 3 years of my teaching career. I am excited to start year 4 this year! I love ALL animals and really enjoy helping out others with whatever they may need! At my own home I have 11 pets, 7 cats, 2 dogs, a bunny and a chameleon. They definitely keep me busy.