About MOCAP in Hazelwood School District
Beginning in January 2019, any student in kindergarten through 12th grade enrolled in the Hazelwood School District who was also enrolled as a full-time student the previous semester can opt to take a course virtually through the District-preferred provider, Launch, or through the Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) organized through Missouri’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). The links on this website will help students and families through the access process if that is their desired path.
Steps to Enroll in MOCAP Courses:
- Student must be enrolled in a Hazelwood School District school
- Complete the MOCAP e-Form on Parent Portal. Instructions for completing the e-form can be found here.
- Click here to be redirected to Parent Portal to complete the MOCAP e-Form.
Dr. Ardella McCain will be in contact with you regarding your student's enrollment in Virtual Courses.
Characteristics for Success in MOCAP Courses
When determining if enrollment in a virtual course is the best educational decision for a student, the student and parent might consider the following information:
Preferred Student Skills for Success in MOCAP Courses
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Student previously has been successful with virtual coursework.