About MOCAP in Hazelwood School District
Beginning in January 2019, any student in kindergarten through 12th grade enrolled in the Hazelwood School District who was also enrolled as a full-time student the previous semester can opt to take a course virtually through the District-preferred provider, Launch, or through the Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) organized through Missouri’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). The links on this website will help students and families through the access process if that is their desired path.
MOCAP Enrollment Windows for 2020-2021
Applications for enrollment in Fall Semester: July 20, 2020 - September 4, 2020
(Applications for enrollment in the Fall Semester will not be accepted after September 4)
Applications for enrollment in Spring Semester: November 16, 2020 - December 18, 2020
(Applications for enrollment in the Spring Semester will not be accepted after December 18)
Steps to Enroll in MOCAP Courses:
- Student must be enrolled in a Hazelwood School
- Download and complete the request to enroll at this link: MOCAP Enrollment Form
- Turn in the form to your school's principal
Dr. Patty Ulrich will be in contact with you regarding your student's enrollment in Virtual Courses.
Characteristics for Success in MOCAP Courses
When determining if enrollment in a virtual course is the best educational decision for a student, the student and parent might consider the following information:
Preferred Student Skills for Success in MOCAP Courses
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Student previously has been successful with virtual coursework.