Top 10 Bus Safety Tips
Top 10 tips for staying safe!
- Be at the school bus stop 10 minutes before your pickup time.
- Wait in a safe place away from the edge of the road (5 feet or more).
- After boarding the bus, find a seat right away and stay seated facing forward at all times.
- Do not place things in the aisle.
- Avoid rowdy behavior. Do not throw things, no eating, and no drinking.
- Keep your arms and head inside the bus.
- Never distract the bus driver. Always follow his or her instructions. When you leave the bus, move away from the side. If you can touch the bus, you are too close.
- If you drop something near the bus, never try to pick it up because it’s quite likely the bus driver can’t see you. Ask an adult or the driver to help.
- No bullying
- The rules that apply at school apply on the school bus and at the bus stop.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Christine Wilson