This page contains links to files of general interest to students and their caregivers.
If you are looking for books to help with eighth grade math, you might try the following:
Announcements and Correspondence
- Letters to Parents - This is an introductory letter providing information about our 8th grade math classes:
- Instructions for Registering for Remind - Signup for the REMIND service to receive daily text messages (one per day) reminding students and caregivers of the nightly homework assignments (text messaging rates may apply):
- 2021-2022 Learning Guides - The attached documents summarize what your child will be learning during the school year:
- Chapter 1 Learning Guides - The attached documents summarize the skills that will be taught and assessed in Chapter 1 of the math courses:
- After School Tutoring Permission Form - Students must complete and return the permission form in order to be allowed to stay after school. Completing the form does not obligate the student to attend tutoring.
- Math Resources - There are many resources available to students who are committed to mastering eighth grade math. Here's a summary of the curriculum resources and teacher-provide supports. "If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you" (Zig Ziglar).
- Instructions for Accessing Math Electronic Resources - Our McGraw-Hill curriculum provides a number of valuable electronic resources, including an electronic copy of the textbook and an independent study tool, ALEKS. Here are the instructions for accessing these resources.
- Homework Help Line - Does your child need help with their homework? There's a Homework Help Hotline available at 1-800-ASK-ROSE from 6-9 p.m., Sunday-Thursday. See the attached brochure for more information.
- Homework Tips for Parents - Published by the U. S. Department of Education. Please read!
- Algebra Reference Sheet - This 2-page handout summarizes many mathematical concepts related to Algebra I. A printed copy is provided to all students.
- Algebra Vocabulary and Order of Operations - A reference sheet of terminology and oreder of operations.
- PreAlgebra Summary - A great "quick reference" of PreAlgebra, from McGraw-Hill
- Geometry Reference Sheet - This 2-page handout summarizes the most common formulas for 2- and 3-dimensional figures and angle relationships. A printed copy is provided to all students.
- Integer Arithmetic - A reference sheet for integer arithmetic.
- Properties of Exponents - A reference sheet for properties of exponents (exponent rules).
- Properties of Numbers - A reference sheet for the properties of numbers/mathematics