Due to the nutritional requirements of the Health, Hunger-Free Kids Act, effective with the 2019-2020 calendar year for full-price lunches only, the following increases are required by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees the federal National School Lunch Program/School Breakfast Program:
- Elementary Breakfast is free of charge to all Elementary students
- Elementary Reduced lunch cost $0.40
- Elementary School lunch $2.30
- Secondary Breakfast is free of charge to all Secondary students
- Secondary Reduced lunch $0.40
- Middle School lunch $2.30
- High School lunch $2.60
- Milk is $0.45
- Adult Breakfast $1.25
- Adult Lunch $3.20
- A la carte items are priced separately
The new prices above will have no impact on breakfast pricing or reduced-price meals.
NOTE: Effective February 1, 2008, the raw milk supplied by Prairie Farms farmers comes from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones. For additional information, please see Prairie Farms website http://www.prairiefarms.com
- Chef salads are offered daily at all district elementary and middle schools.
- Salad bar is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at all district high schools. A specialty food bar is available to students on Wednesdays at the high school level.
- Assorted whole grain cereals, as well as cereals containing 1/3 less sugar, are offered daily at all district schools.
- Milk choices now include strawberry, chocolate as well as white (one percent and skim).
- Fresh fruit offered daily.
- Peanut butter and jelly uncrustables offered daily.